Please welcome the dashing, gorgeous, all-round hottie Mr Harlem to the Brit Babes' home on the web today. This is his first time blogging so please be kind to him!
He spends his weeks whizzing around in his smart suits being all business-like and efficient, and I had to play my cards right to get him to actually sit down and write something for this. I patiently bided my time and eventually captured him while we were holidaying in Spain last month. Once he'd got over the shock of feeling like he was back in an English class at school, he actually got quite into the groove! So, here he is, making his debut, round of applause please for Mr H…
Living with Lily by Mr Harlem
As I sit here basking in beautiful sunshine with a glass of white wine contemplating writing a blog post about a writer, it occurred to me that I haven't got a clue where to start, how to punctuate the text or what to say. It has made me realise what a difficult job it is to get down succinctly what is in my head and make it at least a little bit interesting for others to read!
I am sure that Mrs H will edit my work before she hits the publish button, but please bear with me as I am completely out of my depth and I can only praise anyone reading this that publishes full length novels for a living.
I witness first hand the dedication that I see every week in researching, writing, editing, reworking, publishing, promoting and then watching the sales come in. The excitement that builds over the process is palpable but working on your own and maintaining the passion and self-motivation can only mean one thing - Lily loves writing! Of course the additional support the Brit Babes provide makes the journey to publication and subsequent reviews so much more enjoyable.
Living with a writer has been so much fun and to see the chrysalis turn into a beautiful butterfly over the past 6 years has been a wonderful experience to witness. I am a very lucky man to have such a lovely talented wife and I have listed the top reasons to be married to an erotic romance author below:
1) Our long conversations about the rich wonderful characters that have now become our extended family.
2) The research online and offline that I am duty bound to collaborate with in the spirit of creativity.
3) The wonderfully sexy stories that I have to read to make sure that they hit the spot.
4) The increased sexual chemistry that exploded into our relationship due to the constant foreplay that the research and writing generates.
5) Some excellent toys that have been acquired or won.
6) Knowing that others are reading and enjoying Lily's books and hoping that they help to keep the passion alive in their relationships.
7) The cheeky innuendos that we throw at each other that make us both laugh and lead on to some seriously sexy moments.
8) The fact that my wife probably thinks about sex more times in a day than I do and this makes it very exciting to come home from work!
So that's my experience of living with a writer, please share your thoughts on living with a reader of erotic romance or indeed an author of sexy stories. And Brit Babes, thanks for being gentle with me.
Lily - Yay, wasn't he great! And no I didn't edit a thing, it's all his words. I love the fact that he went for bullet points, but I should have predicted that, he's so organised and efficient - unlike me! Also I'm thrilled that he feels connected to the characters that I chatter on about (because I'm not always sure if he's listening!), and come on, round of applause, he's even thrown in a metaphor.
Do leave him a comment, I know he'll be looking for them when he comes in from work, it's all so exciting.